NEC3 Compared and Contrasted, 2nd edition
Price: £ 33.00
Publish Date: 29/09/2015
Publisher: ICE Publishing
Page Size: 234x156mm
Number of Pages: 152
NEC3 Compared and Contrasted, Second edition provides the latest practical guidance and succinct comparison between NEC3 and other relevant industry standard form contracts. Focused specifically on using clear and concise terminology, and practical tabular and diagrammatic information, it allows the reader to gain a rapid overview of key features of the contracts.
NEC3 Compared and Contrasted helps professionals involved in procurement in the construction industry to make informed choices and to give balanced advice when deciding which contract to use for a particular project. Written by experienced contract professionals, this book is an invaluable resource for consultants, clients and contractors in the construction industry. It also students preparing for their professional exams with a straightforward guide to comparative standard form construction contracts.
NEC3 Compared and Contrasted provides readers with:
• a concise guide that can be dipped into by a practitioner more readily than detailed legalistic or specialist texts
• a pragmatic approach, particularly useful for advisers who may have limited practical experience
• comprehensive chapters written by experienced experts from the relevant contractual fields
• an overview of international contracts from Hong Kong, Australia, South Africa and Germany.
This book examines both professional services and construction contracts, in the context of partnering. It demonstrates that modern contracts need to facilitate project management, as well as define legal relationships and that efficient procurement of complex projects demands a proactive, not a reactive, approach.
About the editor
1. NEC3 compared and contrasted with JCT 2011
2. NEC3 compared and contrasted with JCT Constructing Excellence Contract 2011 and JCT Major Project Construction Contract 2011
3. NEC3 compared and contrasted with CPC 2013
4. NEC3 compared and contrasted with RIBA Building Contracts 2014
5. NEC3 compared and contrasted with IChemE
6. PSC compared and contrasted with RIBA SFA/2010 (2012 Revision)
7. PSC compared and contrasted with CIC Consultant’s Contract 2011 and JCT Consultancy Agreement 2011
8. PSC compared and contrasted with ACE
9. PSC compared and contrasted with RICS Standard Form Consultant’s Appointment
10. NEC3/PSC compared and contrasted with PPC2000
11. NEC3 compared and contrasted with FIDIC
12. NEC3 compared and contrasted with Australasian procurement
13. NEC3 compared and contrasted with Asian procurement – Hong Kong
14. NEC3 compared and contrasted with African procurement – South Africa
15. NEC3 compared and contrasted with European procurement – Germany