Recommendations for the Inspection, Maintenance and Management of Car Park Structures, Second edition
Price: £ 55.00
Publish Date: 04/04/2018
Publisher: ICE Publishing
Page Size: 297x210mm
Number of Pages: 176
Recommendations for the Inspection, Maintenance and Management of Car Park Structures, Second edition provides technical guidance and establishes a benchmark for good practice for car park owners, operators, and engineering consultants.
Against the background of new Health and Safety legislation, this second edition of the guidance has been extensively updated to provide advice on the development of an effective Life-care Plan based on regular inspection, assessment, maintenance and management, and incorporates a risk-assessed approach to help ensure car park structures are safely maintained.
Recommendations for the Inspection, Maintenance and Management of Car Park Structures:
• provides unique guidance on asset management and Life-care Planning
• focuses on structure, cladding and edge protection
• includes surface, temporary and demountable car parks
• details workplace and public safety issues
• advises on undertaking inspections, surveys and structural appraisals
• delivers guidance on cost-effective repair and maintenance.
The Recommendations are split into two parts:
- Part 1 is intended for use by Owners and Operators and advises on responsibilities, actions and legal obligations.
- Part 2 is intended for Professional Engineering Advisors, and includes guidance on the processes of structural deterioration and different types of car park structures.
These recommendations address the need to plan and implement safe and effective management regimes for both new car and old parking structures, taking into account lessons learned from past experience and the impact of both good and poor historic practice.
Chapter 1: Car park structures
Chapter 2: Responsibilities of owners and operators
Chapter 3:Legal overview
Chapter 4: Actions for owners and operators
Chapter 5: Life care plan
Chapter 6: Main Recommendations for Part 1
Chapter 7: Structural defects and deterioration
Chapter 8: Non-structural defects and deterioration
Chapter 9: Daily surveillance and routine inspection
Chapter 10: Benchmark, fabric and structural surveys
Chapter 11: Structural appraisal
Chapter 12: Options for maintenance, repair and replacement
Chapter 13: Health and safety of personnel on site
Chapter 14: Assessment of structural safety
Chapter 15: Development of the life care plan
Chapter 16: Main recommentations
Appendix A: Useful resources
Appendix B: Background of design, construction and structural performance
Appendix C: Defects, cracking and deterioration processes in structural concrete
Appendix D: Testing and monitoring concrete and steel materials and components