Maintaining the Safety of our Dams and Reservoirs
Special Offer Price: £ 93.80
Publish Date: 21/08/2014
Publisher: ICE Publishing
Page Size: 234x156mm
Number of Pages: 536
Maintaining the Safety of our Dams and Reservoirs covers a wide range of topics which are of direct relevance to all who work with dams and reservoirs, whether in the UK or abroad, be they owners, maintainers, designers or constructors.
The changes to the UK’s legislative frameworks for dam safety are covered, as are examples of the many environmental factors to be taken into account, not just for the construction of new dams but also for alterations and repairs.
This book contains the proceedings of the 18th Biennial Conference of the British Dam Society, Maintaining the Safety of our Dams and Reservoirs.
1. Legislation and Environmental Challenges
2. Geotechnical Issues of Dam Construction and Maintenance
3. Mechanical Components of Dams
4. Risk Analysis and Reduction Measures
5. Design and Construction Case Studies
6. Monitoring and Incidents at Dams
7. Repairs to Dams