Geotechnical Engineering for Infrastructure and Development: XVI European Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering
Special Offer Price: £ 212.80
Publish Date: 11/09/2015
Publisher: ICE Publishing
Page Size: 246x189mm
Number of Pages: 4800
These volumes contain the proceedings of the XVI European Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ECSMGE), Geotechnical Engineering for Infrastructure and Development. Geotechnical Engineering for Infrastructure and Development covers a wide range of topics which are of direct relevance to all who work within the broad field of geotechnical engineering, including consultants contractors, academics, materials suppliers, equipment manufacturers, and the owners and operators of infrastructure, and structures and facilities.
The papers reflect the themes of the conference which include:
• Linear and non-linear infrastructure.
• Urban, near-shore and offshore development.
• Ground reinforcement and ground improvement.
• Slopes, earthworks, geohazards and problematic materials and environments.
• Environmental geotechnics, groundwater, energy and hydrology.
• Investigation, classification, testing and forensic geotechnical engineering.
• Parameter selection and modelling.
• Developments in education and practice.
The effects of climate change provide a unifying theme for many of the themes and papers. Major projects such as the Queensferry Crossing and Crossrail are also well-represented in the papers. The ECSMGE series of conferences is held under the auspices of the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. This XVI ECSMGE was held in Edinburgh in September 2015 and follows conferences in Stockholm (1954), Brussels (1958), Wiesbaden (1963), Oslo (1967), Madrid (1972), Vienna (1975), Brighton (1979), Helsinki (1983), Dublin (1987), Florence (1991), Copenhagen (1995), Amsterdam (1999), Prague (2003), Madrid (2007) and Athens (2011).
Volume 1: Invited Papers
• Keynote Papers
• Invited Lecture Papers
Volume 2: Infrastructure
• Linear Infrastructure - Roads and Railways
• Linear Infrastructure - Tunnels
• Non-linear Infrastructure
• Queensferry Crossing and other Major Bridges
• Crossrail and other major UK Infrastructure
Volume 3: Development
• Urban Development and Environment - Foundations, Retaining Walls and Associated Structures
• Urban Development and Environment - Piles and Columns
• Near Shore and Offshore Development, and the Marine Environment
• Ground Reinforcement and Improvement
Volume 4: Slopes and Geohazards
• Slope Instability
• Earthworks, Dams and Dykes
• Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering and Liquefaction
• Settlement, Swelling, and Manmade and Natural Cavities
Volume 5: Problematic Materials, Environment, Water and Energy
• Problematic Materials
• Sustainability, Climate Change, Waste and Energy
• Landfill and Contaminated Land
• Hydrology and Hydrogeology
Volume 6: Investigation, Classification, Testing and Forensics
• Investigation and In-situ Testing
• Classification and Laboratory Testing
• Case Studies, Forensic Geotechnical Engineering and Monitoring
Volume 7: Parameter Selection and Monitoring; Developments in Education and Practice
• Parameter Selection
• Soil-structure Interaction
• Developments in Education and Practice