Port Designer's Handbook, Fourth edition
Price: £ 120.00
Publish Date: 03/04/2018
Publisher: ICE Publishing
Page Size: 246x189mm
Number of Pages: 664
Now in its fourth edition, Port Designer’s Handbook is the definitive guide to the layout, design and construction of harbours and port structures. Fully in line with the latest PIANC recommendations, this book covers all aspects of port planning and design from the impact of environmental on harbours, health and safety, maintenance and repair of port structures and channel and harbour basins. Particular attention is given to the impact of ships including berthing requirements, ship dimension tables and container terminals.
This fully revised edition has also seen the material updated to provide coverage of:
• New design and construction methods of the quay structures
• Floating berth structures for large vessels
• Detail evaluation of the necessary mooring system
• Evaluation of the bollard system and layout
• New design and evaluation of the fender system according to the new PIANC recommendation
• Updating the design of the erosion problem in the front of the quay due to the ship propellers
• Concrete in port structures
• And much more.
With an intuitive layout where you easily can find information on practical construction methods, Carl A. Thoresen’s guide is an essential purchase for all practicing port and harbour engineers, designers and contractors as well as students new to this continually developing area.