Structured into six parts, each containing a real-life case study, Art and practice of managing projects takes a systems approach to project management, guiding the reader through the key stages from initial idea to final completion. At each stage, a range of practices and techniques are presented that will increase effectiveness at all levels, deliver results to satisfy the needs of both client and end-user, and achieve value for money.
• project structures, stakeholders and techniques for selecting the right people
• contracts, procurement and planning techniques
• budget cost estimates, the time-cost relationship and value management
• approaches and techniques to identify and manage project risk
• the impact leadership and team building have on construction performance
Providing practical and internationally applicable project management tools, Art and practice of managing projects is an invaluable handbook for professionals in all fields. The book also serves as an important reference for students, project clients and stakeholders seeking a guide to the planning, management and delivery of successful projects.