"Prof Forde and his team should be congratulated on this tour de force and readers should lose no time in securing their copies." Dr Ian Sims, RSK STATS Limited
The second title in Thomas Telford’s ground breaking ICE Manuals series.
This essential two volume work is a single stop, comprehensive reference for practicing engineers. Written and edited by a wide selection of leading specialists in each field, the ICE manual of construction materials covers each of the key materials used in construction, detailing their properties and application in a civil and structural engineering context, and referencing the most up-to-date standards governing their use in construction.
- Save money – a single resource to answer your queries and help you choose the right material quickly and accurately during specification writing or on site
- Stay legal – reference the most up-to-date standards in the use of materials in construction
- Stay current – includes details on new building materials not covered in other titles enabling quick feedback on client queries
- Stay informed – benefit from specialist authors and industry recognised editors bringing you the latest developments in their fields
- Save time – no need for multiple look-ups - a single resource on your shelf or in your library
- Stay green – best practice advice on the use of sustainable materials
ICE manual of construction materials is an invaluable resource for practising civil and structural engineers in consulting firms, government agencies, research institutes, universities and colleges. Its highly practical approach will guide and train readers towards achieving expertise in the use of major and emerging construction materials.