Written by leading experts in the field, including one of the authors of Eurocode 5, this practical book provides a comprehensive guide to the design of timber structures according to the latest European and UK standards.
Practical Design of Timber Structures to Eurocode 5 begins with a description of timber, considering its strength, stiffness, moisture behaviour, rheology and durability, before going on to describe the production and relevant properties of materials used for timber structures. Readers will learn the theory behind the design of structural elements, such as beams, columns and walls, as well as how to ensure these structures conform to engineering design rules.
Relevant to practitioners as well as students at post and undergraduate level, Practical Design of Timber Structures to Eurocode 5 will equip readers with the necessary theory and practical skills to design any timber structure with confidence.
All sections are illustrated by worked out practical examples.
• Contains full design requirements according to Eurocode 5
• All sections are illustrated with worked examples
• Links material specifications and European standards to Eurocode 5
• Comprehensive coverage of timber-related materials and their relevant properties
• Covers design of beams, columns, panels, trussed structures, frames, arches, roofs, walls, floors and joints
• Coverage of UK and European design standards and practices