Structural Fire Engineering provides comprehensive and practical design guidance on the application of structural fire engineering to specialist structural engineers.
The chapters provide an insight into the explanation of the structural fire engineering design process, its position within the regulatory system and guidance on the selection of appropriate partial factors for the fire limit state for variations in material properties and loading.
The book places structural fire engineering design procedures within a context and framework which will be familiar to many readers. The information on standard methods of test and assessment and their function within the regulatory framework provides a broader perspective to the design standards.
Structural Fire Engineering:
• provides a unique approach to practical design guidance
• highlights the Eurocode standards in the context of fire engineering design and conformity to the requirements of the regulations
• demonstrates the options for design through several worked examples
• incorporates over 80 illustrations to complement the text
• provides guidance on the UK National Annexes for Eurocodes
Structural Fire Engineering is invaluable reading for practising structural engineers, fire safety engineers, structural fire engineers, students and those who teach advanced fire design.