Concise Guide to Reinforced Concrete Design to Eurocode 2
explains the principles of limit state design in Eurocode 2 by means of simple worked examples of reinforced concrete design. The book introduces the reader to the basic principles applicable to each section and guides to design elementary reinforced concrete structures. Further practice problems and outline solutions are provided along the way and design charts, tables and formulae are included as design aids throughout. Each chapter contains a summary of the key structural design steps and more in-depth coverage of the design of reinforced concrete structural elements are presented which will be of benefit to any practitioner or student.
This book contains chapters on
- limit state design
- pad footings
It is a concise, pick-up-and-go introduction to concrete technology for students of engineering and architecture, and an aide for junior engineers, architects and draughtspersons looking for the essential information for designing with Eurocode 2.
Patrick Purcell is a Chartered Engineer and is Associate Professor in the School of Civil Engineering at University College Dublin, Republic of Ireland.
Product code: 9780727765727
Publication status: Published
Publisher: ICE Publishing
2. Limit state design
3. The ultimate limit state: reinforced concrete in bending
4. The ultimate limit state: reinforced concrete in shear
5. The serviceability limit state: deflection of reinforced concrete
6. Curtailment and anchorage of bars
7. Design of reinforced concrete slabs
8. Reinforced concrete columns
9. Reinforced concrete pad footings
10. Detailing of reinforcement
No customer reviews