You can now save 20% on print books! If you are ordering over the phone, simply head to our ‘Contact us’ page to find out how to apply your discount.
BIM in Healthcare Infrastructure explores the application and implementation of BIM technology in the planning, design and construction of healthcare infrastructure.
Incorporating BIM within an internationally-applicable framework, this highly-illustrated reference guide uses case study organisations to navigate the key challenges to implementing BIM in the healthcare sector, such as motivating and training staff, overcoming resistance to change and developing the business case.
The larger obstacles to implementing BIM, lack of suitable legal framework, and absence of appropriate investment in BIM software are also discussed.
BIM in Healthcare Infrastructure:
• delivers the crucial context for the financial benefits of adopting BIM principles as seen by participants in the process of designing, constructing and refurbishing buildings
• includes over 50 international case study schemes from leading industry practices in the UK, Scandinavia, Netherlands, Middle East and Asia
• offers a concise definition for BIM and highlights key concepts such as BIM capability, BIM Maturity and the COBIE format
• illustrates how the appropriate use of BIM in healthcare infrastructure construction projects can improve time- and cost-effectiveness
• provides a reference to improve the quality of the healthcare environment, leading to zero carbon facilities that have a positive effect on staff and patient health and wellbeing.