You can now save 20% on print books! If you are ordering over the phone, simply head to our ‘Contact us’ page to find out how to apply your discount.
Construction Planning, 2nd Edition is a thorough guide to the use of planning techniques, key concepts and the latest developments in the field of project planning.
It explores the construction planning process in the digital age by taking a closer look at the most effective principles and practice, including the latest technological developments to support the successful delivery of projects.
This well-illustrated book provides students, and those needing a foundation in this specific aspect of project management with clear, straightforward and concise explanations of the processes and techniques required for the effective planning and control of construction projects.
Construction Planning, 2nd Edition :
• describes the principal planning techniques - bar charts, network analysis, line-of-balance and linear programmes - that make up the ‘planners’ toolbox’
• explains the practical application of these techniques
• provides guidance on techniques for scheduling and controlling resources
• uses both manual and computer methods of analysis to demonstrate how these techniques can be used for planning, monitoring and controlling the construction works and the resources involved
• explores international and UK case studies in detail, providing worked