Royal Mail strike action may cause delays to UK deliveries. Visit the Royal Mail website for more information: https://www.royalmail.com/latest-news
Digital Twins in the Built Environment offers a new, comprehensive, systematic and clear view of digital twin development in the architecture, engineering, construction and facilities management sectors. It will help you to uncover the implementation and development of digital twins work and understand how to operate and maintain digital twin assets, buildings and cities.
Using a structured approach, the book explains how to create and use digital twins effectively including principles, system architecture, data structure and creation methods for the five layers needed (data acquisition, data transmission, digital model, data/model integration, and services). This is underpinned with real life cases studies of digital twin implementation at asset, building and city levels, revealing every angle that a digital twin can take.
This book will cover:
This book is an essential read for built environment professionals including asset owners, consultants, facility managers, contractors, designers, policymakers and researchers.
2. The definitions and principles of digital twin
3. Overview of typical digital twin implementations: Capabilities, drivers and Gemini Principles
4. System architecture of digital twins
5. Data acquisition
6. Data transmission
7. Digital modelling layer: Two digital modelling methods
8. Data/model integration layer
9. Services layer
10. Integrating digital twins with other digital technologies
11. Case studies: digital twin implementation at the system level
12. Case studies: digital twin implementations at the building level
13. Digital twin implementations at the regional and city levels
14. Digital twin built environments: Future prospects
No customer reviews