Port Maintenance Handbook
is the ultimate guide to maintaining port structures and understanding the tasks and equipment needed to undertake essential repair work. Written with the practising engineer in mind, this book covers common maintenance problems for new and refurbished port structures and equipment with solutions for troubleshooting explained in an easy-to-understand way. It delves into the role and function of the port engineer and reveals how good maintenance is essential in maintaining the design life of the infrastructure and operational equipment in ports. Theory is underpinned with examples of best practice that present a full and thorough overview of what actions are needed to ensure a port remains well-maintained and properly functional.
Written by an engineer with over 50 years of international experience in the field, this title features chapter coverage on
• maintaining the essentials of port infrastructure such as quays and terminal areas
• understanding mechanical equipment and electrical aspects of ports
• managing port buildings effectively
• understanding the materials that can be best utilised for given tasks
• recognising the correct tools, equipment and instruments required for maintenance tasks
• important health, safety and risk mitigation protocols
• maintenance dredging of berths and channels
• maintenance facilities and staff requirements.
This book is a vital purchase for port consultants, port maintenance managers, supervisory staff and foremen, contractors and engineers. Watch 'meet the author
' video to discover why he wrote the book and how it can help you in your work.
Product code: 9780727764133
Publication status: Published
Publisher: ICE Publishing
01. Purpose of this book
02. Civil Engineering
03. Maintenance Department
05. Health and Safety
06. Roll-on/Roll-off Ramps
07. Mechanical and Electrical