You can now save 20% on print books! If you are ordering over the phone, simply head to our ‘Contact us’ page to find out how to apply your discount.
Structural Dynamics for Engineers, Second edition is the essential introduction to the dynamics of civil engineering structures for students of structural engineering and graduate engineers.
This book uses carefully-selected worked examples to instil an understanding of the theories underlying widely-used computer analysis systems and show readers how to carry out simple hand calculations in structural dynamics. The methods presented enable readers to check the validity of their results and eliminate errors in their calculations.
• Worked examples in every chapter demonstrate the use of the theories presented.
• Additional purpose-written problems allow you to practice your skills.
• Covers the implementation of damping in design and analysis and the use of dampers to reduce vibration in dynamically sensitive structures.
• Addresses the use of power spectra to predict responses to wind and earthquakes.
• Helps readers to understand and implement modern design codes, which increasingly require knowledge of vibration caused by man or the environment.
Structural Dynamics for Engineers, Second edition provides student and graduate engineers with a clear understanding of the evaluation of structural dynamics using simple methods.