Planning Major Projects is a new, practical guide to developing resilient infrastructure and offers insight and guidance for planners seeking to deliver major projects on time, within budget and in line with operational goals.
Planning Major Projects advocates a new approach for planning based on the author’s international experience of working on urban transport systems. It offers practical advice on how the role and practice of planning can be changed to provide optimal continuity and predictability over the course of a project.
Planning Major Projects:
• outlines the project development process
• defines the planner’s role as the project develops
• evaluates current approaches to project planning
• suggests practical changes for improved operational success
• examines key activities , including strategising and managing risk, developing credible forecasts and countering optimism bias
• offers guidance on future-proofing infrastructure
Planning Major Projects is a practical guide for planning practitioners and a valuable and informative reference for major project stakeholders, sponsors and policy-makers.