Royal Mail strike action may cause delays to UK deliveries. Visit the Royal Mail website for more information: https://www.royalmail.com/latest-news
These volumes contain the proceedings of the XVI European Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ECSMGE), Geotechnical Engineering for Infrastructure and Development. Geotechnical Engineering for Infrastructure and Development covers a wide range of topics which are of direct relevance to all who work within the broad field of geotechnical engineering, including consultants contractors, academics, materials suppliers, equipment manufacturers, and the owners and operators of infrastructure, and structures and facilities.
The papers reflect the themes of the conference which include:
• Linear and non-linear infrastructure.
• Urban, near-shore and offshore development.
• Ground reinforcement and ground improvement.
• Slopes, earthworks, geohazards and problematic materials and environments.
• Environmental geotechnics, groundwater, energy and hydrology.
• Investigation, classification, testing and forensic geotechnical engineering.
• Parameter selection and modelling.
• Developments in education and practice.
The effects of climate change provide a unifying theme for many of the themes and papers. Major projects such as the Queensferry Crossing and Crossrail are also well-represented in the papers. The ECSMGE series of conferences is held under the auspices of the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. This XVI ECSMGE was held in Edinburgh in September 2015 and follows conferences in Stockholm (1954), Brussels (1958), Wiesbaden (1963), Oslo (1967), Madrid (1972), Vienna (1975), Brighton (1979), Helsinki (1983), Dublin (1987), Florence (1991), Copenhagen (1995), Amsterdam (1999), Prague (2003), Madrid (2007) and Athens (2011).
No customer reviews