Modern day buildings are now expected to be low energy or near zero energy to reduce carbon emissions. A key step in making building low energy is to minimise heat transfer through the building fabric with insulation fabrics. However, how can a practitioner choose the most effective fabric for the job in hand? With so many thermal insulation materials on the market and each making claims associated with their performance, it is difficult for a specifier, contractor or an end user to select the insulation material most appropriate for a specific building project. Thermal Insulation Materials for Building Applications
aims to address that problem.
This book presents the variations, technical details and capabilities of state-of-the-art of thermal insulation materials for building applications. As a single source of information on all aspects of insulation materials, the reader can make an informed choice and select the necessary insulation accordingly.
Thermal Insulation Materials for Building Applications
includes discussions on various properties of thermal insulation materials such as
- thermal conductivity
- heat capacity
- moisture resistance
- moisture adsorption and absorption capacity
- role of thermal and hygric mass in dynamic hydrothermal boundary conditions
- sustainability with regards to insulation materials
- embodied and operational energy with regards to insulation materials
- bio-based and synthetic insulation materials
- durability of insulation materials
- acoustics and insulation materials and economics of insulation materials.
It is an essential purchase for any practitioner looking to understand and select the right modern thermal insulation materials for their building project.
Product code: 9780727763518
Publication status: Published
Publisher: ICE Publishing
No customer reviews